Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snowy Saturday Baking- Ice Cream bread

Another snowy day!


 More shovelling.


What does one do on such a  winter day?
 Bake. 
I had   read on No Reason Needed blog about an Ice Cream Bread .
Sounded so weird but intriguing  , made a note to try it.
Wondered if grandson  Brayden would be interested in  making this ..something fun to do ..He was.


He used  French Vanilla ice cream   2 cups, melted
1  1/2 cups self rising flour ( used 1 1/2 c.  all purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp.baking powder and 1/2 tp. salt blended)


Combined well,  poured into greased loaf pan. Baked  at  350 for 45 minutes.



Brayden  loves this bread and now wants to try other flavours... he  commented the taste was like a  tea biscuit but a tinier bit sweeter . This bread surprised me  was  tastier than I expected.  I have seen this  recipe done as scones and think it would be ideal  with some butter and jam.
While Brayden   baked I made a comfort dish,  an old fashioned bread pudding with some raisins ,apples , cinnamon and nutmeg...leftover egg nog and stale bread..... Yum!

Not sure the Grandsons liked it as much as I do, said they did  but...........

No comments:

Post a Comment