Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall TV Season, my take!

Fall Tv season has started. Made a concentrated effort to try a few of the new shows and of course had to welcome back some old favourites.
Will give you my senior take , and hopefully hear from you what you liked and what you will pass on.
Hellcats - good writing not as juvenile as expected.Will it become another Glee ?Don't think so.Glee tried many times and unless a special star is on don't watch on a regular basis.
Parenthood- checked it out, won't be back just can't relate anymore.
Any Vampire show- passed on.Read some of Ann Rice books but not a genre I buy into.
Survivor- more of the same old, same old even the challenges seen before. Will check in from time to time to see how the geezers do.
Outlaw- Love Jimmie Smits , don't think it will last tho, needs to develop .
The Apprentice- again more of the same old , tired of nasty behavior which I don't want to see ,I really want the celebs back, see more of the D's kids and less of the Donald.
Boardwalk Empire-good period piece.
Dancing with the Stars- admit I am a sucker for this show. Love dancing.
House- fantastic, great season opener.
Two and a half Men- can't stand Charley Sheen, so pass on this show , can't believe the money this guy makes .
LoneStar -passed on it , could not fit it in with all other shows winning over viewing it. Why do networks overload one night?
The Event- needed something to fill the void of Lost, not sure this one is it, slow made no sense. But will watch a couple more times.
Castle- Good show.
Hawaii 5-0 - thank goodness NBC is repeating some shows on Saturday night, I did like it .
Chase- another cop show but love the female lead and the actors from Prison Break that are on this show. Also caught it Sat. night.
NCIS's- Excellent - both shows.
Undercovers- Blah! This one can be yanked asap! Thought the acting was so bad , forced. Won't watch this again.
Criminal Minds- Quality show ; the season opener so scary. Tim Curry was superb as the evil character. Music in this show excellent too.
Csi's- Love these shows, all 3 ; in particular Sela Ward in NY very good.
Fringe- Sci Fi what can I say , the best.
Bones- usually enjoy this show but the season opener just did not capture me , will keep watching tho.
The Mentalist- felt the same as with Bones just not a great opener. Maybe I am overdoing it on cop shows.
Blue Bloods- was looking forward to seeing Tom Selleck again and like Mark Wahlberg. Show is okay needs time to develop, wonder if it will get it.
Big Bang Theory- Just started to watch and love the quirkiness of this comedy.
#@% ny father says- how can one not like William Shatner , Trekkie that I am, will this show make it? Don't know.
Comedy's- in general find I try them ,but don't become a fan; finding them too young .Do enjoy Hot in Cleveland with Betty White. I am just not hip enough. Dating myself...
30 Rock and Mad Men - tried, could not get into.
A@E's- The Glades turned into a favourite over the summer, very good show, well written.
Looking forward to Amazing Race , Dexter , Brothers and Sister and Battle of the Blades tonight. Could not believe AR lost an award to Top Chef , like Top Chef but to me AR is a quality show, great for families, educational. I watch TC off season.
Desperate Housewives I catch off season.
For those who are not Canadian, Battle of the Blades is a CBC show pairing hockey players with figure skaters performing ice routines , this is the second season. A true Canadian show and well watched here.
2 shows yet to premiere Lie to Me and Human Target, both I like.
Having reread this I see my love of mysteries come thru. Perhaps I should expand with a few more comedies. Any recommendations? What do you like?
Or, perhaps I should do more than watch TV?
Nah, Winter is coming have to do something on cold Canadian nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment