Monday, February 8, 2010

The Great Houseplant Census of 2010

Mr. McGregor's Daughter started a 2010 census on houseplants. At first I thought I don't have that many but then looking around realized I do!
Number 1, my favourite; spider plant I got from my sister, Donna , but oh my you should have seen it last week when it was 3 times bigger. Spidey so needed
thinning , no soil left in the pot;so I cut it down to 1/3rd. But oh you should have seen it!
2 orchids and one has the start of a flower scape coming.

Primrose
Christmas cactus that flowers in November every year.
Mixed planter that needs attention.
Clivia.
Amaryllis, note the lovely green leaves no sign of a flower to come.
Number 9,Peace lily.
Myrtle, my neighbour Louise's aloe , I am babysitting until she is back from Florida. Yes, Louise named the aloe!
Several potted bulb plants.




My total 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment