Friday, May 14, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut Entry

The Fantabulous Cricut blog is featuring a blog hopping/crawling challenge. Well, I have hopped and here is my layout. Each designer on their team requested one element on your project entry.

Stop # 2 on the hop (Brenda's Blog) requested journaling on a die cut. I ran my Cricut cut through the printer to do this (very quickly so my glue didn't dry onto my printer paper). She suggests using repositional adhesive.

Blog # 3 (Candace) was to emboss on your project. I do not own any type of embossing machine but the cookie box on the layout is beautifully embossed (kind of a damask pattern). That is why my sister purchased those particular ones.

The fourth stop was to use a negative image. (Lori's Blog) This was far out of the box for me as I usually toss the negative images. The word love is from "love you a latte" on the Just Because Cards cartridge.

The sixth stop (Nana's Blog) was to use the shadow feature for your cut. I shadowed the top note/cartouche shape. I tend to use this feature alot already.


Stop # 8 (Sammy Jo's Blog) was to ink/color/embellish a die cut. My cuts are lightly inked and I added some adhesive pearls as well.

Stop # 10 was to use paper piecing (Tammy's Blog). I had to re-piece together my word "love" with the middles of the letters.

Finally my last design element was to use a food item. (Valerie's Blog) I literally did this. I cut up a cookie favor box from my sister's wedding.



This was fun! Be sure to check out their blog and go for a "crawl"!

No comments:

Post a Comment