Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walking with Dinosaurs Show

Just in the nick of time, I have finished another layout for the Fantabulous Cricut Blog



Stop #1 on their blog hop this week was to include a die cut flower on your layout or create an accordion flower. I really tried to fold an accordion flower but they did not turn out. Yes, I tried multiple times and even took pictures of the crumpled bits of paper. With the midnight deadline approaching, I cut out flowers from Gypsy Wanderings.


Blog # 2 asked for journaling on a die cut to be included. I printed on my leaf.

Blog #3 requested embossing on your project which I did on the trunk of my palm tree. Okay, confession here, I used my scoring blade to emboss this. I actually love the result!

Stop #4 asked to include a negative image. This was an easy one because I knew I wanted to use the Mickey Font bones which use the negative image to write the words.


Blog # 5 asked to use a Gypsy to design part of your project. I welded the flowers using the Gypsy. This was my first time welding shapes. I am looking forward to using my Gypsy more!

Stop # 6 was to use your shadow button which I used for the bones. (Mickey Font is such a fun cartridge.)

Number 8 on the tour asked for the die cuts to be inked/doodled etc. My dinosaurs are all inked around the edges.

Blog number 10 suggested paper piecing which my dinosaurs are but remember Create a Critter has the easiest layers ever!

Finally the last element to be included was a food item. My food item is the coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment