Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patriotic Ruffle Pillows

I just finished making the coolest Patriotic Ruffle Pillows.  One for my fellow Canadians and one {that you might just get to take home} for my friends and family to the south.


Okay, seriously. I love the way these turned out! 
I'm Canadian but I think that the American Flag one is my fav.  It's kind of tough to make a maple leaf out of ruffles ya know? 


Anyway I'm playing along with UCreate this month and using this great tutorial from V & Co. to create two Patriotic Ruffle Pillows.


I sketched out a Maple Leaf on my pillow backing before sewing the ruffles on.


Then as I went I added red ruffles to where my leaf was.


Here my Canadian Flag is half done.  I used worn out or too small t-shirts for all of my ruffles.  It took forever to cut them all to size.  I'm just glad that I finished in time for Canada Day!  Whew.


It looks like a Maple Leaf eh? 
Maybe just squint your eyes a little. 
Now do you see it? 


Love, love, love this technique!


And for my friends to the south ~
this American Flag Pillow.
Love it! 
Do you think my neighbors would mind
 if I put it out on the front porch?
...
Yeah.  That's what I thought.


Guess what. I'm actually going to
GIVE THIS ONE AWAY
in July.
Stay tuned!


And for more Patriotic Inspiration click here.


Visit thecsiproject.com

Linking to these fab parties!



No comments:

Post a Comment